General Information About Chase The Race Adventure Tour
(We provide pick-up Sunday evening in Anchorage or Wasilla for transportation to Talkeetna)
- Monday, Day 1: Explore the lead mushers’ route by air, departing Talkeetna approximately 11:00 am. Stop-overs might include Skwentna and Rainy Pass. Overnight in Talkeetna.
- Tuesday, Day 2: We follow the mushers as they cross over the Alaska range and head towards McGrath. Stop-over at the Nikolai checkpoint. Overnight McGrath.
- Wednesday, Day 3: Aerial spotting and relaxing in McGrath as mushers pass through. Overnight McGrath.
- Thursday, Day 4: Exploring checkpoints Takotna, Ophir, and Iditarod. Overnight McGrath.
- Friday, Day 5: Spend the day viewing the mushers along the trail; see checkpoints Anvik, Shageluk, Greyling, and Kaltag. Overnight in the native coastal village of Unalakleet and experience the excitement and anticipation of the locals as they await the lead mushers.
- Saturday, Day 6: Watch the mushers glide by in Unalakleet as you relax in the local eateries. Overnight Unalakleet.
- Sunday, Day 7: Fly over the coastal villages on the way to Nome. Take in the Arctic scenery and wildlife such as musk ox and seals. View the infamous checkpoint Shaktulik. Overnight in Nome.
- Monday, Day 8: Participate in the revelry and experience the culture that is unique to Nome. Overnight Nome.
- Tuesday, Day 9: Normally the finish day for the race. (You must arrange a commercial flight (Alaska Airlines) to return to Anchorage)
(You must arrange a commercial flight (Alaska Airlines) to return to Anchorage)
The price per person includes plane/pilot guide (food & lodging not included). Recommended daily budget for food/lodging - $150 per person (this is a rough estimate and will depend on your individual tastes.)